Sunday, December 17, 2006

Second to Last Post



Since the order of blogging is most recent first, this will make sense only if you read it from top to bottom. (I really wrote the post below first, but it will look last.) I should be sleeping since I have to get up at about 4:45 a.m., but I have a really great Internet connection for the first time in a really long time and I can't resist just a little more blogging. Above are Mr. and Mrs. Fukuda, owners of the house where I had a home stay. Mr. Fukuda works at Kyoto Gakuen, and the professors who preceded me also lived here. And below their photo is one of the fruit market directly across the street from the house where I lived; it was great to have it so close - and I mean just a few steps from my driveway. It opened every day about 9 a.m., and stayed open until 7:30 at night, closed only on Tuesdays. So if I felt like having a fresh pear for breakfast, I would just walk over and buy one pear. More than once I went out while we were getting together one of our Monday night dinners and bought apples, brought them across the street, and make an apple crisp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home