Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Getting Chilly


Although it is REALLY cold in Chicago, where my daughter lives, and even colder in Madison, where my younger son will be heading when he returns from Canterbury, we are feeling the chill in Kameoka and Kyoto. This is how cold it was in my house this morning - not in the room where I sleep, which I can heat, but in the hallway outside my bedroom. The only path to the unheated bathroom, I should add. Which may be one reason why Japanese toilet seats are heated. Forty-eight point nine degrees Fahrenheit. Inside. What you mostly see here is the reflection of my camera in the LED screen of my alarm clock, which also has a thermometer. And me in flannel. The clock is small and lightweight and something I am glad I ordered from L.L. Bean at the last minute before the trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home