Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Japanese Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts


Last Saturday, laptop in tow, I spied these Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts collecting money in front of Saty, a combination grocery store/department store that is close to the Kameoka Train Station and across the street from World Center, where I use the Internet on weekends when the college is closed. It's a combination pachinko parlor/pool hall/Internet cafe. I spoke extremely bad Japanese to them (I believe I said I had taught "kindergarten" instead of "in China" at one point) but they took a photo with me anyway. Having stood with many Girl Scout groups selling cookies I was sympathetic and contributed a small amount to their cause, whatever it was. I declined the offer of a balloon since my hands were full. I used to love the illustrations of all the different Girl Scout and Girl Guide uniforms in our Girl Scout handbooks. But boy, I am tired of this coat, these jeans, and these tennis shoes. I may never wear them again when I get home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home